Thursday, September 3, 2009


When I met her she seemed like any other bride. She was pretty and pleasant and there was nothing about her that seemed out of the ordinary.
Then I was asked if I could create a cruise ship wedding cake.

!!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE brides who think outside the box! Although I am a traditional girl myself, I thoroughly enjoy challenging myself with the cakes I make and trying new things.

This bride definitely wanted something different and was looking for a custom wedding cake to suit her pre-cruise getaway. After a little more discussion we nixed the cruise ship and designed a sea shell cake for her summer wedding.I had never tried sea shells before and really enjoyed working with the molds and creating the shells out of white chocolate. I painted each shell with edible dusts and coloring to attempt a more 'life like' appearance. I added tropical lilies made from gum paste.

Lena, the bride, had chosen red velvet for her cake flavor and a generous layer of cream cheese frosting as a filling for the cake.




The moments we make aren't near as important as the memories we keep.
May this moment as you begin your life together, be held in your hearts for always.

Blessings! Frosted.









No comments:

Post a Comment