Thursday, April 19, 2012

Frosted's Journey to Never-Never Land

“So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!”
- J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan





“If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!”
- J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan


I have loved the stories of James Barrie, especially the magical tale of Peter Pan. When my friend, Stephanie, hired me to create a cake for her twin boys, I was thrilled!

Ben and Max turned three and their creative parents went all out to make it memorable for them and their family.

I want to put a plug in for creative Moms. I know not every Mom can, or wants to, take all the time and energy to make decorations, DIY banners and game ideas. And that is fine. Kids are happy with whatever; a slice of pizza, a balloon, and call it a day. But there are those of us who enjoy the process of creating something special and going the extra mile to make moments for our family. I think Steph is one of those. I love all the thought that went into each and every detail. She didn't have to break the bank and hire a real live Tinkerbell. (I think one of her nieces showed up as Tink anyway). Instead, she used the budget she had and a whole lot of ingenuity and fun to make never never land come to life in her backyard! I was so impressed by all the thought that went into it and the fun she created that I had to share it with you.  The pictures were taken by Stephanie or her husband.  With her permission, I am posting her ideas here. 

The food carried the Never Land theme:





I loved the 'ship' they created in the yard for the children to play in.





Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ”
- J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan





Tinkerbell in a jar as part of the decorations.





“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”
- J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan


There was a treasure-box pinata! And a ball pit that the kids 'walked the plank' to jump into. (Fun!) Several of the kids (and adults) were in costume which only added to the magical feel of the day.






“To live will be an awfully big adventure.”

- J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan


I was greeted at the driveway by an adult Pirate! (Which helped in identifying which house I was going to!) LOL

I delivered Captain Hook's pirate ship (Figures were not edible, but were plastic play figures provided by Ben and Max's Mom Stephanie).



*Cake and photo by Frosted.




“You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.”
- J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan


Happy Birthday, Ben and Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment