Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Royal Wedding Cake News!

All eyes are turning to England as William and Kate will soon tie the knot. I have been enamored by English Royalty and naturally was quite interested in hearing what cake the heir to the throne and his bride to be will choose. I can't imagine being the baker who will have the overwhelming job of creating the cake for the future king and queen of England. The news is out that famed Fiona Cairns bakery of London will have the honor. I've already scoped out the Fiona Cairns web site and was delighted. I'm sure their server is under threat of crashing as the eyes of the world turn to London and are surfing the internet on the hunt for any news on the details of the wedding of the decade.

News reports have Kate choosing traditional fruit cake, soaked and aged in brandy. I'm not a fruitcake fan, but bravo to Kate for keeping up with tradition. That is sure to please her future grandmother in law.

Prince William on the other hand, has chosen a cookie cake. I'm not sure what that is yet but I am sooo intrigued. I'm wondering if an English Cookie Cake will one day be a Frosted menu offering. ;)

source:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/03/28/royal-wedding-cakes-face-off-fruitcake-versus-cookie-cake/


3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the wedding. I remember watching Princess Margaret wed on a fuzzy B&W TV...when I was a young girl. I was hooked on royal watching ever since.
    As a newlywed, I watched Princess Anne marry on my birthday (also Charles' b-day). When Di and Charles wed, I was recovering from the birth of our third.
    And so on.....
    My older daughter was a flower girl for a friend...wearing a dress that was based on Di's young attendants. I made it...LOTS of fabric in that dress!
    Sheesh!
    Hopelessly smitten, I know.
    It's the detail that I love.
    The cake......can't wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM...Princess Margaret was not wed on a fuzzy B&W TV...I just WATCHED it broadcast on our fuzzy B&W TV....
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete