Friday, November 25, 2011

ordinary people...extraordinary moments

I meet all kinds of people in this business. So far, Frosted customers have been the BEST! :) Celebrating Thanksgiving with my own family yesterday was one more chance for me to reflect on all I am thankful for. I am certainly grateful for my customers.

A few months ago, a very pleasant woman ordered a cake for her daughter's baby shower. I enjoyed chatting with her and couldn't wait to create something special and personal for her daughter and the little boy they were all waiting for.

I got a little lost going to her home but soon I was on the phone with my client. She patiently directed me and stayed on the phone until I made it to their driveway. I hung up and made my way up a birch lined drive.

The grandest house I have ever seen welcomed me at the end. A stunning woman who I found out was the face behind the voice I had talked to, walked out to greet me and welcomed me graciously into her home. Her son helped carry in some of my things and I chatted with the housekeeper and friends of the family as I set up everything in their state of the art kitchen.

The Mom to Be was gorgeous and so kind. I left their home a little at loss for words.

I guess I have been a little judging of people who have money. I considered them to be snobbish and rude. This family has blown that opinion away. They are not only kind, but generous and hospitable people. I was so honored to be able to make this cake and be a part of their celebration of this little life. He will be a very blessed child, not because of WHAT he has in his life, but WHO.

I also have received calls in the past couple weeks from two husbands who wanted to surprise their wives with cakes. They were so specific and each wanted to be sure that I matched their wives 'style'. I love being part of something like that. Something personal and special.

I've made cakes for weddings that come attached to grand love stories, cakes to celebrate 50th wedding anniversaries, cakes that recognize the birth or adoption of a child that has been wanted and long prayed for, and cakes for a life that has seen 80 birthdays... each one is so special and meaningful.

I am thankful that at Frosted, I don't just supply my customers with a service, but I offer a unique way for you to celebrate the moments and the people that mean the most to you.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with those moments and the people you love.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for your opportunities as well! A blessing! xo

    ReplyDelete