Sunday, June 6, 2010

I have a blog crush. And it's on a much younger blogger.

I couldn't believe it when I stumbled on it the other day...

The Whisk Kid marries her love of baking and writing with her love of photography. She is charming and funny. She mixes it up with sentiment and then practical tips and oh-so-yummy recipes. Yes, recipes! She publishes the best recipes with AMAZING pictures of her baked creations.

ahhhh... I am drooling just thinking about it.

I could keep the Whisk Kid to myself. I have been known to be possessive of certain things (close friends, my own original recipes etc.)

But, I am also generous. I love to share cake. I love to share time with others, and to offer a hand. And I love to share a bit of happiness along the way.

Consider the whisk kid your bit of happiness for today. At 19 years old, I think she is a baking blog genius!

What I love most about her is that her recipes aren't just a two step process. I'm in love with the art of baking from scratch, and she is mastering the art. This girl knows her stuff!

To all of you who commonly dump-the-box-mix and add a few other ingredients to bake, this blog probably isn't for you. And lest you feel offended, I've tried some of your quick and easy takes on dessert and I'm still a fan! BUT I've moved on... My companions in the kitch now are heavy duty mixers, old - very old - cookbooks. I love wooden spoons and flour sifters. I love the whole baking process and taking a short cut may take some of the joy out of it for me.

I think Whisk Kid feels the same way. Perhaps, in that way, she is a baking kindred spirit.

I have her strawberry rubarb pie recipe in the oven now. It's my man's favorite and this summer day has pie written all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment